Our NEW Path Together
Our Yoga Junkie Studio Teachers have worked together to provide live streaming classes and we are consciously working toward providing the safest environment we can for our in-studio classes. We will continue to offer the live streaming classes as an option for those not yet ready to come back into the studio and for our friends not local. There is schedule on MindBody and for some classes, you will see them listed twice: one is for in studio practice and the other is for Zoom only. In studio classes will be consciously limited, so preregistering on Mind Body will be essential for reserving your spot. We cannot guarantee a spot if you drop in without registering for class. The yoga schedule is evolving as we open up more classes in the studio. Please check Mind Body, Facebook and Instagram for updates.
The mats are spaced 6 feet apart and marked with a spacing sticker with each ‘mat station’ equipped with 2 blocks, 1 strap, 1 thin yoga mat (which can be used for additional cushion like a blanket but easily cleaned), a bottle of disinfectant, a bottle of sanitizer and cleaning towels. We have a protocol to minimize exposure for our students and our teachers. We are no longer allowing students to borrow mats, blankets or bolsters and you are encouraged to bring your own props.
PROTOCOL for YOGA JUNKIE STUDIO RE-OPENING:
- If you are sick, have been sick within 14 days, or have contact with someone who is sick DO NOT COME TO YOGA. Practice with us on Zoom.
- We request that you use Mind Body to register for class and make your payment online whenever possible to minimize front desk congestion.
- Be mindful that spaces are limited to 9. We will have a wait list in case someone cancels their registration. PLEASE cancel your registration in a timely manner if you can’t attend so we may offer the spot to someone else. Thank you. If you are on the waitlist, check your email for notification if you got into the class.
- Bring all of your own yoga gear and any other necessary PPE with you. Masks and gloves are not required while practicing but mask usage before and after practice is encouraged.
- Refrain from hand shaking, hugs, and physical contact. Our teachers will be hands-off as well.
- Practice social distancing. The CDC recommends keeping 6 feet away from each other.
- The mats are set up so the short end of the mat comes out from the wall. Please sit near the wall when you come into the yoga room before class begins.
- Please disinfect your yoga props after class and drop the cleaning towel into the white receptacle in the lobby.
- The prop room is off limits to students to prevent congregating in the enclosed space. If you have been storing your mat at the studio, please take it home with you.
- Soap and water and hand sanitizer are available for use at the studio. Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds should be performed before eating, after sneezing, coughing, or nose blowing, after using the restroom, before eating/handling food. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
We appreciate all of you and want to thank you for supporting us during this critical period. Thank you for your commitment and investment in our community.
Teri and the Yoga Junkie Team